Millspaugh Furniture House is looking for a Warehouse Manager for our Walden warehouse. This position requires lifting and moving heavy furniture on and off of trucks, and through our warehouse and showrooms. This is not a forklift operator position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Unload items from incoming trucks, including inspection for any possible damage, and verification of the accuracy of the order
- Tag and identify items received
- Question and resolve discrepancies as required
- Open items and prepare for delivery to customers, which includes detailed inspection of items, cleaning or assembly as needed.
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Transfer items from our warehouse to our showroom floor
- General warehouse/showroom maintenance as needed, including window and sidewalk cleaning, snow removal from sidewalks and walkways, painting, etc.
- Accurately communicate with the office and delivery drivers as to movement of inventory items
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy items
- Must be able to work independently, be energetic, and self-motivated
- Must have clean drivers’ license
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
- Work is performed primarily in a warehouse environment, subject to variations in temperature
- Approximate 40 hour work week, but hours can vary depending on the demands of the job
- An occasional Saturday may be required
- We offer a compensation package based on experience and capabilities, as well as a competitive benefits program
Please respond by email to the email address specified. No Agencies, walk-ins or phone calls please.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents must have authorization to work in the US.
Millspaugh Furniture House is an Equal Opportunity Employer